Origin of the faeces?
World’s longest poo belonging to an unidentified dinosaur measures an 'eye-watering' 40 inches - and it could fetch $10,000 at auction
- Longest dinosaur dung on Earth is going up for auction in Los Angeles
- It measures 40 inches in length and has a pale brown-yellow colour
- Auctioneer I.M. Chait expects it to reach $10,000 when under the hammer
- Fossilised feces of this sort if is known as coprolite and can reveal diet info
- However researchers aren't sure what dinosaur it originated from
The dung is what is known as coprolite, fossilised feces that can provide information about an animal’s diet rather than just its appearance.
It is described by Beverly Hills auctioneers I.M. Chait as an ‘eye-watering 40 inches [one metre] in length’.
However, research has failed to reveal what dinosaur the excrement originated from.
The above coprolites are a relative bargain at an estimate of about $5000 for the set.
Read more here